Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Worst Year of My Life

Well, it's official. 2007 is the worst year I'll ever live. For those who don't know I'll list four of my favorite sport teams and how they ended their season.

Ohio State Football-Lost to Florida in the National Championship game 41-14.
Chicago Bears-Lost Super Bowl to the Indianapolis Colts 29-17.
Ohio State Basketball-Lost the NCAA National Championship 84-75 to the Florida Gators.
Cleveland Cavaliers-Got swept (4-0) vs. the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals.

As you can see by my previous post, I said the Cavs would win the NBA Finals in seven games. Clearly, I was blinded by the greatness that is LeBron James and I refused to believe anyone could possibly lose four championship games in a year, but I did it. The only team of mine that has completed a season that has not played for the championship was the Chicago Blackhawks, who instead locked up the #1 pick in the upcoming NHL entry draft. I'd like to thank Bill Wirtz and the Blackhawks organization for not getting my hopes this season, although I was hoping for a playoff push, but when can you do when your one offensive weapon (Marty Havlat) had injury problems throughout the season. Oh well, Patrick Kane will be the savior!

Here's my bold prediction for the rest of 2007 (seeing as I'm the unlucky charm of 07): Chicago Cubs win the NL Central, win the Pennant and drop the World Series to the AL representative, Cleveland Indians (continuing the AL Central's dominance of the AL).

It's 1:30 AM and I'm not tired and have nothing to do so I'm going to blog about something. Give me a minute to think, I'll probably talk about my second favorite June event (behind my birthday), the NBA draft.

Okay, so I got sidetracked by a bratwurst and an amusing chat about McGruff and frogs. Good times Dale, good times.

I have decided to stop the blog here for the night. Family Guy is on in seven minutes. NBA draft write-ups will follow in the coming days. Drafts on June 28th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should blog about how good of a bike rider you are. that is a sport. therefore blog about it.

Erik said...

The Cubs/Indians world series would be the highlight of my life. Keep in mind, however, that those four teams were all teams i was pulling for as well, so if the Indians were to win the world series it would be continuing the curse of 07 for you and giving me redemption simultaneously.